PR Account Director/Senior Account Manager
Birmingham city centre
Salary dependent on experience
We are looking for someone extra special to join our team and help drive it as it grows. Super smart, proactive, entrepreneurial and inspiring – could it be you?
As a fast growing start-up agency, we are looking for someone with bags of energy and enthusiasm who will relish the challenge of being part of something with huge potential. We are looking for a motivational team player and leader – someone who wants to make their mark and progress their career.
We are an ambitious agency based in Birmingham and with new business wins driving our growth, we are moving fast. The agency works across a range of B2B/corporate sectors, specialising in legal, property, finance, inward investment, local government and public affairs.
We are looking for an ambitious senior account manager or account director to lead, support and develop our talented team of junior managers and executives. They will also lead the team in delivering consistently top-notch results for our clients while pitching for and winning all manner of new and exciting contracts as we grow. As a key player in the business, they will deputise for our MD when needed.
Who are we looking for?
- A real fit – someone who ‘gets’ what we are about and wants to be part of creating a agency that not only succeeds, but leads in generating new ways of thinking and doing in PR
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial – always looking for the next opportunity to contribute and add real value to the agency and our clients’ businesses
- A team player and leader – that takes responsibility, inspires, leads and coaches others to deliver incredible results
- A self sufficient deliverer – of a happy team, happy clients, new business and industry defining ideas
- An ‘attention to detail’ person – that can proof, plan, evaluate and measure everything from a campaign to agency capacity and work schedules
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment – juggling a number of staff, clients and projects ensuring industry leading standards of work – without breaking a sweat
- A willingness to get your hands dirty – we are a small, high performing team. Senior team members are expected to get hands-on with media relations and copywriting as much as strategy and campaign planning
- Someone who works hard work – we run fast and we need someone who can keep up, and even push us to achieve some new PBs!
- To take a leadership role and make measurable contributions to the agency’s growth commercially, and across service offerings/skills
- Client and agency budgetary planning, forecasting and quality control
- Client management and team capacity planning
- Manage/oversee key client accounts across mainly B2B sectors
- Day to day and line management of direct reports across a high performing team of account managers/ account executive/s
- Delivery of exceptional results across a range of PR/comms tasks
- Generation of new ideas for client campaigns, metrics and ways of working for the agency
- A constant and unflinching commitment to innovating!
- A go-getting, ambitious leader that can inspire, manage and get their hands dirty by working hard
- Excellent client handling skills
- Inspiring writing skills (especially thought leadership)
- At least four years’ work experience in communications/ PR
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong corporate PR/ communications skills
- Experience working with B2B and B2C sector organisations
- A team player that can also work independently
- A commitment to building your contacts through networking and events
- Strong industry awareness with a thirst for keeping ahead of the latest trends and innovations
- Strong working relationships with target media, particularly across nationals (i.e. business, property, finance, retail) and regional Birmingham/Midlands
- Experience of running high profile integrated campaigns with real business impact.
- Experience in:
- public affairs/government
- media planning and buying
- delivering media training
- stakeholder management and engagement programmes
- speech writing
- crisis and issues management
- content marketing
- management of film projects
In return, we offer excellent career prospects, generous bonus, a fun and fast paced culture and a bunch of very passionate office mates! We are also based in one of those most covetable offices in the city within Alpha Works.
As a young, entrepreneurial and growing company, we offer significant opportunities for long-term career development.
If you are an account manager, senior account manager or account director looking for a real challenge and the opportunity to progress and be part of something a bit different – we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter including salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference “Account Director/ Senior Account Manager” in the subject line.