Graduate /Junior Account Executive /Account Executive
Birmingham city centre
Salary/title dependent on experience
Graduate/ Junior Account Executive/ Account Executive
Very rarely do you get a chance to add your write your own chapter in a story. Any PR agency you have worked for in the past, or may work for in the future will have a hymn sheet you’re expected to sing from, and won’t care whether that particular one is your jam or not. Story Comms gives you the chance to shape something. Something special.
Our work helps put cities, regions and clients on the map. We get people noticed and win brands’ influence in their market and a new customer or two along the way.
From telling the regeneration story of a once forgotten part of Birmingham to working alongside some of the sharpest legal minds, there’s a variety of clients, sectors, projects for you to run, shape, and make your own.
We are looking for someone extra special to join our team. Someone sharp, driven, entrepreneurial, creative, B2B focused, au fait with current affairs, a real grafter and a self-starting deliverer. If this is you, read on. If not, move along there’s nothing to see here.
Some things you need to know about us…
- We’re the CIPR’s Outstanding Small Agency of the Year
- We’re the fastest growing PR agency in the Midlands
- We’re based in our castle in the clouds at Alpha Works
- We have an awards cabinet full of PRWeek, PRMoment, CIPR and other nominations and wins – reflecting the industry leading work we do and expect
- We’re big fans of bullet points, and coffee, and sushi
You’ll need to have…
- Proven writing skills – including an ability to turn around crisp copy to tight deadlines that make varied audiences stop and take notice – whether it be a press release or piece of thought leadership
- A thirst for current affairs and communications
- A desire to work in B2B and corporate PR
- The desire to engage with journalists at a regional and national level, and a growing book of contacts
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- A positive attitude and hard work ethic
We’d like you to have…
- At least six months’ work experience in communications/PR
- Experience and evidence of writing for the media, particularly business press
- A working knowledge of PR industry and design tools (i.e. Gorkana, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Administrative experience (i.e. report writing etc.)
We are looking for someone with bags of energy and enthusiasm who will relish the challenge Story can give them. From delivering sparkling copy, dazzling social media, top notch reporting and super-efficient admin and project management, you’ll have the chance to thrive. A whole-hearted team player but comfortable cracking on alone. We want someone who wants to make their mark and progress their career.
In return, we offer excellent career prospects, competitive salary, the potential to join our bonus scheme, a work Apple Mac laptop, a fast-moving culture with great benefits – daily laughs, buckets of coffee and work your mum will want to stick on her fridge with magnets.
If you are an account executive ready to take the next step up or a media-savvy grad that’s looking to learn fast and accelerate their career, then get in touch.
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter, including salary expectations to email@example.com, quoting the reference “Grad/Junior Account Executive/ Account Executive” in the subject line.