Finance Birmingham was launching a £90m fund to support regional companies. Our task was to position it as the go-to fund for start-up and scale-up. We needed to create maximum PR coverage for the launch, building up a regional and national profile of Finance Birmingham and its services.
- Ensure that Finance Birmingham’s funding stood out in a crowded regional market.
- Make sure that senior members of its team were a big part of Finance Birmingham’s voice in the media.
- Created a targeted strategy to reach businesses in specific sectors, for example manufacturing, engineering, transport and logistics.
- Conducted regular brainstorm sessions with senior management and investment directors, getting to know the key issues they could comment on with their expertise.
- Worked with its team to understand exactly what deals were going to be completed – planning press releases, photography and case studies accordingly.
- Ensured that coverage raised the profile of both the Finance Birmingham brand and senior people within the organisation.
- 130 pieces of coverage secured since January 2015.
- Two awards wins at the Midlands Business Insider Dealmaker Awards 2015.
- Senior management known both regionally and nationally across the relevant sectors.
- £25m of the funding has been allocated to date.
‘We have worked with Story Comms since their formation. Amanda’s drive and passion for her work and importantly in raising the profile of her clients excels and this clearly resonates through the team. Story Comms are building an impressive client base which is testimony to their hard work and commitment. They go the extra mile to understand our business and that shows in the quality of their PR.”
Chief Executive of Finance Birmingham
Interested in working with us?
Whatever your business or problem we have the expertise here at Story Comms to provide a solid and robust solution.