Story Comms was appointed to help launch the new flagship John Lewis store in the heart of Birmingham. We needed to ingratiate Britain’s most loved retailer into Birmingham during a period of huge growth and regeneration for the city.
- Negotiating and standing out in a highly competitive landscape, with multiple other major launches and events across the city at the same time.
- Integrate social media, film and events into a cohesive story, capturing the attention of media, stakeholders and customers alike.
- Focused on celebrating the city, rather than overtly selling products.
- Implemented 24/7 press office, staggered announcements and data-driven media relations.
- Launched two fully integrated campaigns across video and social media – #Brumscape, the largest panoramic photograph ever taken of the city, and #ForwardBirmingham, a showcase of Birmingham’s future through a series of films telling the hidden stories of those driving the city forward.
The whole campaign was textbook
Former MD of John Lewis
Interested in working with us?
Whatever your business or problem we have the expertise here at Story Comms to provide a solid and robust solution.