Story was briefed by West Midlands Growth Company to announce the Royal Assent of HS2 to regional, national and trade press. Given the huge scope of the HS2 project, we needed to ensure that the Midlands route gained its fair share of coverage in a competitive landscape.
- With the Government also carrying out its own media activity around the Royal Assent, we needed to cut through the noise with our Midlands focus.
- This also meant working alongside a complex and competitive set of stakeholders and partners in order to coordinate an effective launch.
- Ensure high-quality, far reaching media coverage.
- Communicated the importance of this final green light – what HS2 meant for local businesses and its role in the region’s renaissance.
- Created content across print, digital and online channels to support the announcement.
- A range of online and print content to support the announcement.
- 70 pieces of coverage in the regional, trade and national media.
- An average domain authority of 59 for online coverage.
- Facilitated coverage circulation of 200 million, with 1k social medial shares.
- HS2’s Royal Assent became #1 trending story in the UK on Twitter.
I can’t speak highly enough of Amanda and her team, based on the media relations work they’ve done for me. Their initial proposal was clear, considered and realistic, given the budget available. They then delivered the work to a high standard and far exceeded expectations, particularly as circumstances beyond their control made it a tricky project. They were focused on delivery, worked well with partners and added value which went well beyond the terms of the contract. Just as importantly, they worked with good grace and humour, which always helps client/agency relationships. I would happily recommend the Story Comms team.
Communications Projects Manager (HS2)
Interested in working with us?
Whatever your business or problem we have the expertise here at Story Comms to provide a solid and robust solution.