Birmingham | Salary: 40-45k | Job Type: Full time - possibility of part time
Story’s Account Directors are powerhouses. Part of the management team, they have ultimate responsibility for the agency’s growth – in every way.
With more than five years in PR or full-service agency comms, they are dab hands with strategy, copy, clients, budgets, new business and more. Team motivators and pros who never stop at ‘good’ when it comes to wowing clients with great service and surprising prospects with new solutions.
With a diverse skill set, they grow and shape the agency, while offering high-level counsel to team members on client issues. Thought leadership and copywriting professionals, they have a nose for news and deep knowledge of current affairs, with a sharp eye for detail. As digital and creative mavens, ensuring content is maximised across all audience channels is second nature.
What we want
- A hunger, ambition and drive to tell stories that really matter and connect
- Copywriting love and excellence. Sharp, journalistic and compelling style
- Exceptional ability to manage client accounts and the teams that work on them
- News sense and the ability to find and tell a client story in ways that connect with the news cycle
- Someone who challenges us and our clients – in a data-backed, innovation-driven way
- Five years plus in comms and PR – ideally with a recent background in agency and its management
- Commercial acumen – the ability to deliver value across the board
- New business – the nous, experience and drive to hunt down and convert the right opportunities
- Digital, social media and creative – we’re growing our services. Being able to add, drive and bring something to that in a measurable way
- Line management experience and the ability to develop, coach and motivate a team
What we can offer
- Industry-benchmarked salary
- 25 days annual leave for everyone – with an extra day for every year with Story
- Your birthday off work as our gift to you (in addition)
- One month paid sabbatical for five years’ service
- On-the-job mentoring and training – including our very own Punk Academy and the chance to take part in Socially Mobile PR School
- Top tech – Brand new Apple laptop, phone and access to our team Spotify (the good and the bad!)
- Social and wellbeing activities
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Long term potential
- Story burns on start-up spirit. We are an ambitious agency – not growth for its own sake, but as a measure of our impact. We want to tell stories that connect and matter, be somewhere that’s incredible to work and to work with. Story is independent and owner managed. Opportunities beyond this role are there for the making and the taking
What makes Story stand out?
- We have four values – and they are not just words on a wall. They are how we work as a team. Fearless, relentless, united and honest. We work hard, we thrive on challenge and we say what we mean. The flip side, the team always has your back, and you’ll have theirs
- Corporate punks – our belief that corporate and B2B comms doesn’t mean talking like a robot drives us. Boring is bland. With the corporate mask down, well told stories connect people with people. We’re fearless but not reckless, we’ll challenge clients, briefs and work – but only when we’ve done the homework and have the solution up our sleeve
- We have a hybrid work model, some days together as a team in our Story Clubhouse in central Brum, some days at home
- You’ll report directly to the MD
We operate a blind recruitment process to eliminate bias and promote diversity.
To apply, tell us a Story. We’d love to hear why you want to be part of #TeamStory, why we need you on the team and where you think our opportunities lie. It’s two-way so we also want to know what you want from a role. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark the subject line with the role.
Visit the other pages within our website to find out more about us here at Story Comms.
Interested in working with us?
Whatever your business or problem we have the expertise here at Story Comms to provide a solid and robust solution.