Birmingham | Salary: Dependant on experience | Job Type: Full time
Story’s Account Executives don’t just sit in the corner producing coverage reports. They have big role in client delivery, new business and how we run things at #TeamStory.
With no day the same, our AEs need a diverse, developing skillset. But we’ll be looking for pros who are already a bit of a copy wizard, confident at pitching to journalists and dab hands at keeping plates spinning.
Behind all this, they are organisation maestros who don’t let the basics slip through the net. Hugely reliable, our AE team keeps everyone in check with client updates and reports, but are also comfortable squirrelling themselves away on a piece of research.
What about the culture? We want you to love your work. And we know that doesn’t happen without a great ethos where wellbeing is key and the team looks out for each other. At Story, we love nothing more than a coffee and a natter…
What we’re looking for
– Hunger, ambition and drive to tell stories that connect and matter
– At least one year’s agency experience – with B2B preferred, but we’ll consider busy in-house bods
– Grafter – we are a small team, we each believe in what we do, and we work hard because of that
– Hand-up attitude – someone who is always keen to learn and get involved, even if it’s out of their comfort zone
– Thought leadership and copywriting wizard – non-negotiable
– Organisation maestro – spinning plates is a must, with an eye for detail
– Digital, social media and creative – we’re growing, fast, in these areas. Being able to bring your nous, understanding and experience here earns brownie points
– Data geeks – knowing how to get under the bonnet of clients, their sectors and current affairs is a must
– Keep us in check – never miss a beat with client updates and reports
– New business – be part of the creative process, bringing your experience to bear
What we can offer
– A squad of nine colleagues, and, dare we say, friends, like no other – including Story’s new resident puppy, Spike
– A competitive and industry-benchmarked salary, dependent on experience
– Access to our discretionary bonus scheme
– Your birthday off work as our gift to you
– Social and wellbeing activities
– On-the-job mentoring and training
– Top tech – Apple laptop, phone and access to our team Spotify (the good and the bad!)
Long term potential
We are an ambitious agency – not growth for its own sake, but as a measure of our impact. We want to tell stories that connect and matter, be somewhere that’s incredible to work and to work with. Story is independent and owner managed. Opportunities beyond this role are there for the making and the taking
What makes Story stand out
– Story burns on start-up spirit. We are owner managed and independent, meaning the most important people we answer to are our people and our clients. It also means opportunities are there for the making and taking, with no tedious bureaucracy getting in the way
– We have four values – and they are not just words on a wall. They are how we work as a team. Fearless, relentless, united and honest. We work really hard, we thrive on challenge, we never say never and we say what we mean. The flip side, the team always has your back, and you’ll have theirs.
– Our belief that corporate and B2B comms doesn’t mean talking like a robot drives much of how we work. With the corporate mask down, well told stories connect people with people. We’re fearless but not reckless, we’ll challenge clients, briefs and work – but only when we’ve done the homework and have the solution up our sleeve
– We are currently working from home but expect to return to an office in central Birmingham in 2021
– You’ll report to one of our ADs
– To apply, send your CV and with a covering email to the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– We’d love to hear why you want to be part of #TeamStory, why we need you on the team and where you think our opportunities lie.
Deadline 31st January. We use a blind recruitment process.
Visit the other pages within our website to find out more about us here at Story Comms.
Interested in working with us?
Whatever your business or problem we have the expertise here at Story Comms to provide a solid and robust solution.